DSC6280

Friday, September 4, 2015

One day only! (Thank goodness)

So...going to try to make a long story short (though the day seemed to last forever).

Up at 1:45am to be on set by 3am. Meanwhile, we are renting a house that is for sale, and hopeful buyers want to see it at 8am. Jim (husband) leaves for work by 8:30, leaving a crowd of people in the house, plus our real estate agent friend (the selling agent), plus our kids. Unbeknownst (love that word) to me, our real estate friend's car breaks down in our driveway.
Sitter shows up at 9, so kids aren't stuck in house all day. They go bowling, and via texts, I learn they are dropped at the house so sitter can go to her dr. appt, after which she returns (which I didn't know...I thought the kids were still home on their own).

I get home around 2:30pm (the whole way remembering I hadn't eaten since 9am, and was craving an omelette) to find real estate friend's here, car in driveway...she's waiting for the tow truck. I have a cup of tea, stomach growling, and catch up with her, talking about plumbing issues in the rental house (her selling clients). Oh, I am also at this time selling an old bicycle of mine, and the buyer for my bike shows up, gives money, takes bike. Just as she is about to leave the tow truck shows up, blocking us all in the driveway. She has to go, I have to go...I have to get to a walk through of our home (under renovation) with the electrician. Tow truck man is now ticked off, pulls across the street to let us leave.
I grab daughter, bring her to play with a friend so I can do the electrical walkthrough, only to be waiting at the house by myself and calling the builder...and no, the walkthrough is at 3:30 tomorrow. Awesome.
As I am waiting for my non-meeting, I check the selectmen board's agenda for tonight's meeting. Skatepark funding is on the agenda. Call Jim, let him know. I thought I was going to be off the hook for dinner tonight. Ugh. I leave Mia to play, go home to eat (an omelette has never tasted so good), and tow truck is still in driveway. I pull into the house's second driveway, go in and eat. Real estate friend now has to wait for a second truck, as this one is not equipped for her problem of locked wheels. I go pick up Mia, chat to mom friend, we take a peek inside work site house, head back home.
Second tow truck is now blocking driveway. Pull into extra driveway, real estate friend now too late for window for getting a rental at the dealer (where the car is going) and needs a ride home. Kids stay home, I go bring her home, drop off money to sitter's house. Back into driveway, forgot about returning friend's lobster cooker. Get kids to bring in trash and recycling barrels from this morning, return lobster cooker, and it's scrambled eggs or cereal for dinner tonight. Good night.

I take solace in the fact that this is not my every day. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment